Join SAGE for a horticulture themed live Q&A with expert panellists and musical interludes.
‘Voice of South Yorkshire’, Rony Robinson will host a panel of horticulture experts through audience comments and questions.
Poet and Songwriter Sally Goldsmith will be performing a selection of songs from her album, ‘Plotters’ – inspired by the experiences of allotment holders from across the Sheffield region.
Our panellists for the evening are:
- Michael Steadman – Horticultural Therapy Worker and SAGE Allotment Lead
- Fiona Allan-Smith – Trained botanist and horticulturist specialising in social and therapeutic horticulture
- Sally Cuckney – Project Manager Pollinating the Peak Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Marian Simpson – Open Gardens Host and gardening enthusiast
- Jonathan Wild – Commercial Director Pictorial Meadows
We expect topics for discussion on the night will include:
- Flower, fruit, vegetable, shrub and tree growing
- Insectivorous plants
- Composting, soil and pests and diseases
- Garden design
- Wildlife gardening
- Plant propagation
- Growing under glass
- Container gardening
- Bumblebees and how to plant for them
Come and join them for an exciting and informative event for anyone with an interest in the outdoors, gardening, wildlife, health and well-being. The event is taking place on World Mental Health Day and all proceeds raised will be used to support the work of SAGE.
- Booking required