We all need support sometimes, and this website is here to help.
We’ve tried to make the site easy to search and use. Check out our accessibility pages for more information or provide us with some feedback; we’d love to hear from you!
If you aren’t sure what you need, do feel free to get in touch.
I Need Support
If you need mental health support:
If you are looking for advice that isn’t specific to mental health:
- Search through the information page. Here you can read about specific topics like debt, caring responsibilities and stress.
- We’ve also got information on wellbeing. This may help you think about the small changes you can make to your life that could make a big difference.
- If you have any queries with your physical health, find information on the NHS Choices, contact your GP, ring 111, or if it is an emergency, call 999.
Want to get out and about?
We’ve got a big list of mental health friendly activities in Sheffield. If you would like to suggest an activity, get in touch!
I’m Supporting Someone Else
Support is often about signposting people to the right places:
- Look at our support section. Here you can find out about services, organisations and online resources to help people who are needing support in Sheffield and beyond.
- If the person you’re supporting has a diagnosis and would like some information about what this means, you can find detailed information here.
- We also have information on a variety of topics.
- Helping the person you’re supporting by suggesting mental health friendly activities in Sheffield may make a big difference!
If you’re supporting someone who you think may be experiencing crisis or is, please visit our urgent help section.
It is really important that you also look after yourself whilst supporting someone else. Have a look at the support section. You can also use the filters to select ‘carer’ and find relevant information for you.
I Need Information
Getting the right information can make a huge difference.
If you need information on mental health:
- Contact us, we can provide information and signposting – email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 273 7009 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). You are very welcome to leave a message. Please note, we are not a helpline service so are unable to give you advice.
- Check out our directory of support services in Sheffield and beyond.
- Our activities section lists groups, activities, and events that are mental health friendly, or directly related to mental health.
- Look through our information section on specific conditions and how to get help.
- If you’d like to keep up to date with whats happening with mental health in Sheffield, check out our news page.
We want the Sheffield Mental Health Guide to be the best it can be, if you’d like to provide us with some feedback on how we’re doing, we’d be very grateful!