The Housing Advice & Options Line provide advice, help and support for anyone who is homeless, could become homeless in the near future, or has a housing problem which they need help to resolve.
Contact the Housing and Options line on 0114 273 6306 during office hours Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
In case of an emergency out of hours please call 0800 7311 689.
Their telephone based Housing Advice and Options Line can:
- advise you about a range of housing related issues, such as disrepair, ending a tenancy and affordability.
- advise you on your rights as a tenant or an owner occupier.
- explore options to prevent you having to leave your home.
- advise you on paying for your home, including signposting to benefits advice.
- advise you on the range of housing options available in the city and how to access housing, including Council housing, private rented accommodation, Housing Association accommodation, supported accommodation and in an emergency hostels and refuges.
- if you are already homeless, or about to be, they can refer your case for a detailed homelessness assessment to see if the Council can help you find somewhere to live.
- Howden House, 1 Union Street, Sheffield, S1 2SH