Age UK Sheffield is an independent local organisation which supports older people (aged 50 years and over) in Sheffield, particularly those who are vulnerable or isolated. They work to help older people retain their independence and get the most out of life.
The service works with people in their own homes, in a variety of group settings around the city, and at Age UK Sheffield’s city centre headquarters. They offer:
- Free Information and Advice – Information and advice officers are available on the telephone, Mon to Fri 9am to 4.30pm. T: 0114 250 2850; E: email@example.com They also can see people in person in their Sheffield office either by appointment or a drop-in service is available Mon to Thu 10.30 to 3.30pm.
- Independent Living Co-ordination support at home (free)
- Aged Veterans Service – If you served in the armed forces or did National Service, and were born before 1951, you’re eligible to receive free support from Age UK Sheffield.
- Free Cancer Support Service – If you are living with or beyond cancer, or caring for someone with cancer and need a little extra support.
- Events and Activities – various throughout the week detailed on their website.
- Help in your home – this service can provide a personal assistant (there is a charge for this service)
- Dementia Wellbeing Centre – open Mon to Fri 10.00-3.30 in Norfolk Park (there is a charge for this service).
National Organisation: Age UK aims to improve later life for everyone through their information, advice and services. They have a wide range of information on their national website www.ageuk.org.uk and also provide a free national information line T: 0800 055 6112.