We built this website to help the people of Sheffield easily find accurate information about mental health in our city. It’s designed to help people navigate the highs and lows of life, whether they have a diagnosis or are just having a difficult day.
The website has three main sections.
- In Support you can find out about national, local and online services, organisations and groups.
- In Information you can find out more about mental health conditions. There’s also targeted information on specific issues – things like caring, work and wellbeing.
- And if you want to get out and about, our Activities section is the best place to go.
We’ll be sharing what we’re up to, as well as other news from the Sheffield mental health scene, in News. Finally, we’ve got a special section on Wellbeing, and the techniques you can use to feel better.
The website was built for Sheffield people, by Sheffield people.
It is facilitated by us at Sheffield Flourish. We’re a mental health charity committed to making the most of the talent, insight and skills of people living with mental health conditions.
When we were building the website:
- We started by asking the public to let us know what they wanted from the website
- Then we recruited a Digital Steering Group to help us.
- Our Steering Group worked with us on a voluntary basis to co-produce the website, and have given advice every step of the way – from design to content.
- And we kept asking the public what they thought whenever we could
- We’re really proud of the result of this co-production process, but we’d love to know what you think.
We are funded by Sheffield City Council
The Sheffield Mental Health Guide was first built as a website by the lovely people at Sheffield Mind. Once upon a time, it was even printed in paper form, as the Smooth Guide. Sheffield Flourish started delivering the website and project in April 2017. If you’d like to know more, check out the Sheffield Flourish website, our terms and conditions, or get in touch.