- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
- Children and Younger People (under 18)
Action for M.E. aims to promote awareness and better understanding of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (C.F.S.).
Action for M.E. offers a free information and support service for children, young people and adults with M.E., and their carers and family members. The service is open Mon to Fri 10.30am to 3.00pm. You can send an email E: email@example.com or call them T: 0117 927 9551.
Services they offer include:
- information and support around all aspects of living with M.E., for adults, parents, children and young people, including welfare benefits, social care, symptom management, accessing health services, liaising with your child’s school and getting reasonable adjustments at work
- offer understanding, empathy and emotional support, particularly in challenging times
- source practical assistance local to you, such as your local mutual aid group, parish council and/or community hub; we can also source local producers/food outlets who are making home deliveries
- advocate for your needs, explain processes in an accessible way, and support you to challenge the opinions of others in situations that affect you, including supporting you to contact your GP to ask them to refer you for support for vulnerable people