- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Assist Sheffield provides support for people who are seeking sanctuary and who have been refused asylum. They help by providing accommodation, advice and other support to those in most need or distress.
The charity can help in the following ways:
- Providing emergency accommodation
- Arranging temporary accommodation in one of their houses or with host families
- Providing small weekly welfare payments for things like food
- Providing bus passes which clients can use to attend medical, legal and Home Office appointments
- Helping people access other sources of help, including other charities, Food Banks (they sometimes provide Food Bank vouchers) and the Mulberry Health Clinic.
If you are someone who has been refused asylum and are in need of ASSIST’s support please phone 0300 2010072.
If you are a supporting agency wishing to refer someone to ASSIST Sheffield then please complete the referral form on their website.
Assist Sheffield have a number of roles for volunteers, see their website for more information.