- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Darnall Well Being are a community health organisation that work to help the people of Darnall, Tinsley and surrounding areas to stay healthy.
They are able to deliver services in Somali, Urdu, Bengali, Arabic, Roma Slovak, Lithuanian, Czech and Romanian. However, they cannot always guarantee that someone in the office will be able to speak your language when you drop in.
Darnall Well Being can help people to access and find out about a range of different activities and services, which can help improve your mood, reduce isolation and help you to meet new people. These include:
- One to One Support from a Health and Wellbeing Worker on healthy eating and being active
- Group activities such as health walks, allotment group, women’s chairobics, and a carer’s group
- Volunteering opportunities
- Signposting to other activities, services, courses locally or in the city
- Social Prescribing for wellbeing
- Work or training opportunities
Darnall Well Being are a Dementia Friendly organisation. This means that a number of their staff and volunteers have completed the Dementia Friends training.
Whilst people with dementia are welcome at any of their groups, they run some activities specifically for people living with dementia, and their carers. Please call the office number on 0114 249 6315 or contact Jo on 07495 548929 for more information.
The dementia specific activities they currently run are:
- Dementia Café – hot drinks, cakes, and a range of activities, sometimes with guest speakers or musicians. There is a cost of £2 per person.
- On Our Plot – come and get involved with lots of different tasks on the allotment at Darnall Community Allotment, Infield Lane, S9. They run sessions here every Tuesday at 1 – 3pm. Please note that this is a seasonal activity that is run during the warmer months only.