- In person
- Children and Younger People (under 18)
Emosi is a Transcultural Therapy Centre for children aged 2-12 years, aimed at giving children with emotional and behavioural challenges the best start in life.
They provide 1:1 creative arts therapy sessions for children with a wide range of needs, including those who have experienced trauma and separation, those within the foster care system, and those with special educational needs and autism.
Therapies on offer at Emosi include:
- Music Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Filial Therapy with Children and Parents/Carers (coming soon!)
- Attention Autism sessions
- Intensive Interaction sessions
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) development
They are based at Ellesmere Children’s Centre in Burngreave. Opening times: Term time Monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm.
They are able to provide an initial 6 sessions for free, but further sessions are subject to funding. They accept referrals from professionals such as school staff and social workers, and also direct from families. A link to their referral form can be found on their website.