- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
- Children and Younger People (under 18)
Healthwatch Sheffield collect consumer feedback about health services in the city. This includes (but is not limited to) GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacies and social care services (e.g. residential homes, personal budgets and care at home services etc).
Their aim is to improve health and social care services in Sheffield, advocate for change and help people to get the best out of the services that they are accessing.
Healthwatch act as a watchdog but are not part of NHS or Sheffield City Council. Although they were set up as part of a statutory duty (which means it is required by law) they are fully independent.
Healthwatch Sheffield can help by
- getting your views on health and social care heard in the city, so you can help to make improvements
- providing information about how to make a complaint about a health and social care provider
- providing advice and information about local services that might be useful for you, or a relative/friend
- ensuring that everybody in the city is able to be involved, by building a wide range of networks and activities