Heeley City Farm
- Opening times:
Every Day 9.30am–4pm (cafe last food orders at 2.45pm). Garden Centre 10am–3.30pm
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
- Children and Younger People (under 18)
Heeley City Farm is a friendly farm and visitor centre near central Sheffield. They are a registered charity and are open every day of the year (apart from Christmas day). They offer community-based training, employment opportunities and a youth enterprise. Admission to the farm is free.
There are plenty of services available. For an up to date list of events click here.
- Community Heritage projects – which have included/include full size reproduction of an Iron Age Roundhouse; excavation/archaeology; local history; open days; and workshops.
- Food Growing both at Heeley City Farm, Firth Park Allotment and other locations around the city.
- Primary Alternative Provision (including supported and SEN learning) for 7-11 year olds, and Secondary Alternative Provision for secondary school age learners. Young people can attend vocational placements as part of their education at Heeley City Farm, building their skills as well as working towards recognised qualifications in various areas.
- The Farm Kitchen – a vegetarian and vegan cafe serving drinks, snacks, breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas.
- Garden Centre – promoting peat-free and organic gardening.
- Under 8’s Playground
- Meet the Animals – large and small farm animals and birds.
- Regular community events
- Dementia Projects. This group hosts many events across the city including a monthly carers group and the Farming Comes to You initiative.
- Volunteering – opportunities are available throughout the operation of the farm
- Heeley Energy House – a visitor centre and project based at Heeley City Farm working in areas of Sustainability, Renewable Energy and Tackling Fuel Poverty
Opening Times: Every Day 9.30am–4pm (cafe last food orders at 2.45pm). Garden Centre 10am–3.30pm.