- Opening times:
Seven days a week 8am – 6pm. (Outside of these hours the SPA / Out of Hours Team are a point of contact for service users or carers who are supported by the team).
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
The Home Treatment Team is an NHS service that provides short term mental health support at home as an alternative to being admitted to hospital.
The Team works across Sheffield and is split into two teams, one working in the north of the city, and the other in the south. They cover the same areas as Recovery Service North and Recovery Service South.
What the service offers
- Intensive home treatment as an alternative to inpatient admission, until the crisis or immediate care and support needs have reduced.
- Referral to other appropriate services
- Collaborative working with other services; as well as with service users, their carers and families.
- Flexible response to service user needs.
- A high level of knowledge of local voluntary, health and social care resources
- Links with inpatient wards to enable appropriate and quick discharges to the service
- Assessment of people in crisis where Home Treatment Team/admission may be indicated.
- Act as the clinical gatekeeper in core working hours for inpatient admission to adult acute assessment beds.
The Team will arrange to visit the service user within 24 hours of a referral being made. During the initial visit, they will develop a care plan in collaboration with the service user and their carer. The care plan will detail the medical and non-medical interventions which are to be provided during the period of care under the Home Treatment Team, including plans for discharge.
The Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.