- Adults (over 18)
Household Support Fund is a non-repayable grant to help people living in Sheffield with food and energy costs. It is funded by the Department for Work and Pensions.
You can apply for help from the fund once every 3 months for help with paying for:
- gas and electricity
- telephone and broadband (phone costs, top-ups, broadband charges etc)
- housekeeping (groceries, toiletries, etc)
- clothing, including school uniforms
- wider essential needs not linked to energy and water, should the local authority consider this appropriate in your circumstances
It cannot be awarded for:
- payment of debts
- mortgage costs
- statutory activities / requirements that either the Council or another public sector organisation is responsible for delivering
- rent or housing arrears under normal circumstances
To find out if you are eligible, and to apply, you will need to fill in an online form which can be accessed through Sheffield City Council’s website. A council officer will then look at all the information on your application and decide; whether you meet the eligibility criteria, and the amount you may be awarded.