The ManKind Initiative is a national charity operating a confidential helpline for men who are affected by domestic abuse or domestic violence. This may be from a current or former partner, including same-sex partners. Domestic abuse does not just have to be violent or physical, it could be emotional, financial, sexual or neglectful.
To ring the helpline, call 01823 334 244. The line is open, Mon-Fri 10am – 4pm.
Trained helpline volunteers can provide emotional and practical support and information in confidence, including:
- Providing understanding and giving you confidence
- Helping you realise you are not to blame
- Accessing housing and refuges
- How to report incidents and deal with the police
- Legal Services
- Local services and Support Groups
The helpline is also open to mothers, sisters, other family members and friends of male victims who are seeking information and help.
The website also has advice, information and resources for men and for professionals working with a male victim/survivor of domestic violence.