Nomad is a local charity that works to prevent homelessness and support individuals to find safe, independent housing. You can either self-refer to Nomad or be referred by an agency.
They provide the following services:
- Tenancy support enabling people to manage and sustain their tenancies
- Rehousing and resettlement
- Accommodation within the private rented sector
- They help people over 18 to address single or complex needs.
SmartSteps helps 18-35 year olds who are are either homeless or at risk of being homeless move into private rented houses.
You will be assessed to see which route is most appropriate for you:
- Route 1: Training Flats – if you need a bit more help to maintain your tenancy then you will access Route 1. Nomad work with a housing association to provide two-bed shared houses for people who need a little more support before they move into private rental.
- Route 2: Shared Private Rented Houses – if you’re able to maintain your tenancy with minimal support then you will access Route 2. Nomad work with private landlords to find long term homes in shared, privately rented accommodation.
For more information E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Transitions Service
If you are accessing the SmartSteps programme, you also have access to The Personal Transitions Service, a free coaching service. Asset coaches work with clients to set goals and the service seeks opportunities in Sheffield that correspond with this. Goals can be anything from learning to play the violin, to enrolling at college, or taking the steps to find employment. The service is flexible and there’s no time limit for how long an Asset Coach can support somebody.
Nomad have launched their own letting agency, for individuals aged 18+, eligible for Nomad’s support who wish to access private accommodation. They let shared accommodation at an affordable price, with no deposits or guarantors necessary.
For more information, T: 0114 3210262 or E: email@example.com