- Opening times:
Mon to Fri 9:00am to 4:00pm
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Nomad is a local charity that works to prevent homelessness and support individuals to find safe, independent housing. You can either self-refer to Nomad or be referred by an agency.
They provide the following services:
- Tenancy support enabling people to manage and sustain their tenancies
- Rehousing and resettlement
- Accommodation within the private rented sector
- They help people over 18 to address single or complex needs.
SmartSteps helps 18-35 year olds who are are either homeless or at risk of being homeless move into private rented houses.
You will be assessed to see which route is most appropriate for you:
- Route 1: Training Flats – if you need a bit more help to maintain your tenancy then you will access Route 1. Nomad work with a housing association to provide two-bed shared houses for people who need a little more support before they move into private rental.
- Route 2: Shared Private Rented Houses – if you’re able to maintain your tenancy with minimal support then you will access Route 2. Nomad work with private landlords to find long term homes in shared, privately rented accommodation.
For more information E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Progression and Development Officer
Tenants also have the opportunity to work with their Progression and Development Officer, who supports people to progress towards employment, training, education, and volunteering. The Progression and Development Officer supports people throughout their entire journey with Nomad, as they work towards the goals and aspirations of each individual tenant on a one to one basis.
Nomad have launched their own letting agency, for individuals aged 18+, eligible for Nomad’s support who wish to access private accommodation. They let shared accommodation at an affordable price, with no deposits or guarantors necessary.
For more information, T: 0114 3210262 or E: email@example.com