- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service provides specialist care and support for those due to leave the armed forces, reservists and those who’ve already left.
Op COURAGE is an NHS-led service supported by trained professionals who are from, or have experience of, working with the armed forces community. Some people find life difficult after leaving the military. Through working together with armed forces charities, they’ll help you get the right type of specialist care, support and treatment for your specific needs.
Services and Support
They offer a range of specialist support and treatment, tailored to your specific needs. This includes:
- helping you to recognise and treat early signs of mental health problems, as well as more complex mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- providing support and treatment for substance misuse and addictions
- liaising with charities and local organisations to support your wider health and wellbeing, such as help with housing, relationships, finances and employment
- referring you to other NHS services where needed
- recognising that your family may also need help and care and supporting them to access this
Criteria for Support
If you’re experiencing mental health problems and due to leave the armed forces, a reservist or have already left the military, then Op COURAGE can help. It doesn’t matter how long you served for or when you left the armed forces.
To get help from this service you must:
- be a resident in England and have served in the UK armed forces for at least a full day,
- be registered with a GP practice in England or be willing and eligible to register with a GP, and
- provide your military service number or another form of eligibility.
Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service is the new name for the veterans mental health services previously known as:
- the Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS)
- the Veterans’ Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (CTS)
- the Veterans’ Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS)
These 3 services have come together as Op COURAGE to make it easier for veterans and those leaving the military to find help.