Rethink Mental Illness
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Rethink Mental Illness is a national mental health charity. They provide a range of information on their website about national and local services.
Services in Sheffield
- Sheffield Helpline – 0808 801 0440 – a telephone support service for anyone affected by mental health issues. This service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note: the helpline is operated by the staff at the crisis accommodation. This means that there may be times that staff are unable to answer immediately. Please try again if you don’t get through right away.
- Sheffield Under 18s Helpline – 0808 801 0612 – a telephone support service for anyone under 18 experiencing difficulties with their mental health. This service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff can provide emotional support, advice and signposting to other services.
- Crisis Accommodation – Rethink provides a 6-bed supported accommodation crisis house in Sheffield, offering recovery-focused intensive support to adults experiencing a mental health crisis. Access to the service is via Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Trust Teams only, such as Home Treatment Teams and the Sheffield Outreach Service. You cannot self-refer to this service. People are supported by SHSC Trust staff for the duration of their stay at the crisis house.
- Mental Health Navigator – this is a service for individuals who have accessed the Crisis House. It includes up to 6 weeks additional support helping to resolve the causes of the original crisis and implement plans to avoid future crisis. Support is provided face-to-face, by telephone, or through a mixture of the two.
- Supported Housing – Rethink manages several self-contained flats in Sheffield, with daytime support for people with severe and enduring mental health problems aged 18-65 years. Referral via mental health professionals. The service provides individual support packages specifically designed to accommodate each individuals’ needs. For supported housing enquiries, please contact 0114 245 9754 or e-mail email@example.com
- Rise Sheffield – Self-harm peer support group which meets every Monday 6-7pm. Tel: 07593 591938 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org More info on the Rise Sheffield activity entry.
- OCD Support Group – Peer Led Sheffield OCD Support Group which meets every second Tuesday of each month 2-4pm. To attend, please email email@example.com. More info on the OCD Support Group activity entry.
Rethink Advice & Information Service
Rethink’s national advice service offers practical help on issues such as the Mental Health Act, community care, welfare benefits, debt, criminal justice, and carers’ rights. They also offer general help on living with mental illness, medication, care and treatment. The advice line can be contacted on: 0808 801 0525. It is open Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4pm. Alternatively, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The website has lots of information including factsheets and guides to mental health conditions, treatments, local services and groups, news and campaigns.