Roshni Asian Women’s Resource Centre is run by and for South Asian women in Sheffield. Their focus is empowering women by helping them to improve their wellbeing and gain skills to live happy and productive lives. They provide a range of activities and services including: advocacy support, emotional support and counselling, training and learning opportunities, help for women seeking employment, support for women aged 50+ and social and recreational opportunities.
- Empowerment Project: offers advocacy, counselling, one to one coaching for self-development, and group sessions to increase mental wellbeing and life skills
- Counselling: for South Asian women providing a culturally specific counselling service in Urdu, Punjabi and Bengali
- Young Women and Girls Project: promoting personal, educational and social development of young South Asian females aged between 13 – 25. They provide one to one support on a range of issues, including: relationships; forced marriages; advice on health and social issues; finding employment; training and educational opportunities; and careers advice. They also organise regular social and recreational activities.
- Health and Wellbeing Service: Self-Directed Support Services for people on a Personal Budget.
- Services for Older People: provides and empowerment support service for older South Asian Women (aged 50+). They aim to increase their awareness on relevant issues and enabling access to mainstream services for help with issues around isolation, poverty, health & safety.
- Training and Engagement: providing opportunities such as ESOL, drama-based English conversation class, job club and employability class.