Roundabout is a local housing charity for young people age 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Roundabout provides hostel and independent living accommodation; advice and support, life skills, literacy training, empowerment and confidence building, access to a drug and alcohol support worker and a money advice service. Roundabout also support young people in their transition to permanent accommodation with ongoing support to help them retain their tenancies.
Roundabout’s range of services include:
- Hostel (St. Barnabas Rd) – Offers direct access to emergency accommodation to people aged 16-21. The hostel is open 24 hours, 365 days per year. The length of the stay is dependent on the individual but can be up to 12 months. Roundabout also has a small number of self contained flats to support young people to live independently.
- Supporting Tenants – This service helps supports young people age 16-24 in maintaining their own tenancies whether they are living in council, housing association, or privately rented accommodation. In empowering young people Roundabout are able to provide a wealth of support depending on the individual needs of the person they are supporting. The aim of this service is to ensure that once this support for a young person has ended that they are are able to support and advocate for themselves, breaking the cycle of homelessness.
- Resettlement Team – provide accommodation and support to young people aged 16-18. The service is primarily for young people referred by either Social Services or Sheffield Youth Justice Service. Accommodation is also offered to those preparing to leave care to practice independent living outside of a residential setting.
- Homeless Prevention Service – is a drop-in service based at 22 Union Street, Sheffield S1 2JP and is open Monday to Friday from 10-4.30pm (excluding bank holidays). It offers advice, mediation and support to young people aged 16 to 24 who are close to becoming homeless for a range of reasons
- Drug and Alcohol Support – Roundabout have a specialist drug and alcohol support worker. The support worker is able to provide 1:1 tailored support as well as preventative group workshops to any young person gaining support from Roundabout.
Hostel contact information and address:
St Barnabas Road
13-17 St Barnabas Road
0114 258 9829