Sheffield Advocacy Hub is the single point of contact for all independent advocacy in Sheffield. They run in partnership between Citizens Advice Sheffield, Cloverleaf Advocacy and Disability Sheffield.
An advocate is someone who can support you to express your views and wishes, and help you stand up for your rights. Mind have produced an article called ‘Advocacy in Mental Health’ which can help you understand more about their role.
The Advocacy Hub provide all statutory advocacy in Sheffield, including:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA)
- NHS Complaints Advocacy
- Independent advocacy under the Care Act 2014
- Independent advocacy for people with Learning Disabilities
- Relevant Persons Representatives under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
If you need an advocate for yourself, friends or family, call the Sheffield Advocacy hub on 0800 035 0396 or email email@example.com
If you are a professional and would like to discuss a referral call 0114 226 1674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid update 24/08/21: Most services continue under covid-safe conditions but may be experiencing changes to how or when they deliver their service. Contact Sheffield Advocacy Hub directly for the latest information.