Sheffield Asperger Parents Action Group (SAPAG)
- Autism, ADHD & learning disabilities
- Families & carers
- Pregnancy & parenting
Sheffield Asperger Parents Action Group (SAPAG) are an information and support group for adults and young people who have high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as their parents, carers, friends and partners.
SAPAG hold a support group for parents, carers, friends or partners of an adult or young person with high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder. They also run the A Team Social Group which organises social activities for adults on the spectrum.
Parent Support and Action Group – drop in meeting where you can talk to others and find out more about Aspergers Syndrome. The group gives you a chance to:
- meet with other parents, carers, friends and partners
- share experiences
- benefit from mutual support
- campaign for better facilities and services for people with AS
- hear guest speakers talk on relevant subjects
- access a library of books/articles about AS.
The parent support and action group meet between 7pm and 8.30 in January, April, July and October. Please contact the Chair, Judith Birkett E: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
The A Team Social Group – organises social activities for adults on the spectrum.
There are various regular activities which include:
- a monthly meeting at a friendly city centre pub
- a monthly lunch in the city centre
- a monthly walk in the area
- a fortnightly snooker club.
There are also a variety of other occasional activities and you can join the mailing list to be kept informed. Contact Sylvia Johnson: E: email@example.com if you would like to join any of the activities.
For more information, click here.
*Covid update 06/01/21: Mostly no face-to-face meetings currently happening and activities are generally being carried out online and/or by post/email. Contact them directly for more information E: firstname.lastname@example.org