Sheffield Occupational Health Advisory Service (SOHAS)
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
Sheffield Occupational Health Advisory Service (SOHAS) helps people to improve their conditions at work, to help and support them to keep their job.
SOHAS services include:
- confidential advice and support to people with work-related ill health (including mental health issues)
- advises on your health and safety rights
- raises awareness of work-related health problems
Advisers are based in many GP surgeries throughout Sheffield – see website for the current timetable of surgeries and locations.
If you are not a patient at one of the GP surgeries on the timetable, please ring 0114 275 5760 to book an appointment.
If you are a statutory provider referring someone to the SHSC Waiting List Project, please fill in the form you can find through this link https://form.jotform.com/220551570123343
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Employment Adviser
If there is no SOHAS Adviser in your GP surgery and work is affecting your mental health, or your mental health is affecting your work, then their IAPT Employment Advisers can offer advice and guidance around:
- Employment law and employee rights
- Disability discrimination, reasonable adjustments etc
- Work-related stress
- Raising awareness/training around mental health problems for employers
- Support to access other services such as supported employment agencies.
The website has resources for patients and professionals including leaflets and guides, and details of training courses.
- The Circle, 33 Rockingham Lane, Sheffield, S1 4FW