- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
- Children and Younger People (under 18)
Saffron, formerly Sheffield Women’s Counselling and Therapy Service (SWCTS), is a specialist service providing free, confidential counselling and therapy services for women in Sheffield who have experienced abuse and/or trauma.
Saffron services are for women and girls in Sheffield aged 16 and over. They have a discreet and welcoming venue where a safe, quiet, comfortable space is provided to work with a counsellor or therapist to explore the impact that abuse and trauma has had on your life.
Examples of trauma they help with include:
- Childhood sexual abuse or exploitation
- Adult sexual abuse and adult sexual exploitation
- Domestic abuse and domestic violence in childhood or adulthood
- Torture and trafficking
- Being a witness or victim of a crime or an accident
- “County lines” or the exploitation of children and vulnerable people to aid illegal drugs distribution
Their main focus is on 1:1 therapy however Saffron also run therapeutic group activities to help women to feel more in control in their lives, support themselves to manage stress, and feel good about themselves. This can provide an opportunity for women to focus on their needs from therapy before it starts. Other groups are also run from time-to-time for women on the waiting list or in the process of therapy.
Saffron run occasional training sessions.