Shelter is a national organisation that provides support to people experiencing problems with housing and homelessness.
Shelter Sheffield Branch offer a wide range of help and advice on all housing and homelessness issues from a team of advisers and solicitors who may be able to help you with your problem. Opening hours are Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm.
For advice and guidance in Sheffield, call 03301 755 121.
Issues Shelter can help with include:
- homelessness, including if you’re worried you’ll become homeless
- looking for accommodation
- having problems with your landlord
- being evicted or repossessed
- debt problems
- benefits issues
- problems with disrepair
- family support service for families with complex needs
- children & young persons’ project
- DIY skills advice
- employment, training and education programme
- need help going to court regarding your housing
Shelter also have a national website with a wide range of housing-related advice and information, including a helpline, 0808 800 4444, which runs 365 days a year (8am – 8pm on weekdays; 9am – 5pm on weekends).
Covid update 23/08/21: Most services continue under covid-safe conditions but may be experiencing changes to how or when they deliver their service. Contact Shelter Sheffield Branch directly for the latest information.
- Sheffield Shelter, 33 Hereford St, Sheffield, S1 4PP