Silver Line is a free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people (aged 55 and older), it is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. The aim is to reduce loneliness and improve the lives of older people.
The helpline is run by trained volunteers and they aim to:
- Offer information, friendship and advice
- Link callers to local groups and services
- Offer regular befriending calls
- Protect and support those who are suffering abuse and neglect
The Silver Line also run:
- Silver Line Telephone Friends – you can receive a regular weekly friendship call with a Silver Line Friend.
- Silver Circles – you can take part in a regular group call on subjects that interest you.
- Silver Connects – this team provides older people with more intensive support, advice, and help with connecting to local services. They work on a range of issues including housing and health issues, finding lunch clubs and supporting financial concerns.
Silver Line Friends are volunteers who have contacted them because they enjoy talking to older people. They are vetted and trained, and work in pairs for safeguarding and support.