St Wilfrid’s Centre
- Opening times:
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- In person & remote
- Adults (over 18)
St Wilfrid’s Centre is a local charity for homeless, vulnerable and socially excluded adults (18-65).
Their day centre provides basic welfare services and activities to promote wellbeing and independence. Many of the people they support have mental illnesses, learning disabilities, manage addictions or are otherwise socially excluded.
The services they provide include:
- Hygiene services – showers, hairdressing, laundry, clothing repair and clothing bank
- Hot meals & snacks.
- Support in finding accommodation
- A safe space to meet and socialise with others
- Advice, advocacy & signposting – including benefits, housing & personal advice
- Social activities, games & groups
- Personal Development Programme – offers a wide variety of personal development activities structured to help facilitate recovery, life-skills & work-based skills
- Skill Workshops runs regularly and provides training and mentoring for clients in woodwork, print-work and laser-work.
- Rough Sleeper Service – provides a support service all year round for rough sleepers during the Centre’s opening hours
Access to their services are via self or agency referral or you can just turn up at the door if you need urgent help. Professionals looking to refer someone should phone their Welfare team on 0114 255 5720.
Please note St Wilfrid’s Centre is a ‘dry’ centre which means those under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed into the building.
They also raised the funds to provide St Wilfrid’s Place which is a supported housing project next door to St Wilfrid’s Centre. It provides 20 apartments to adults with a history of homelessness. St Wilfrid’s Place is run and managed by Great Places Housing Group, any referral enquiries to Great Places on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 258 7673.