Short Term Educational Programme (STEP)
- Children & young people
- Families & carers
- Specific mental health condition
Short Term Educational Programme (STEP) is a city wide service offering a variety of educational courses designed to help with a range of mental health issues. They are predominantly for people who primarily have short term needs and are exploring new ways of looking after their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Their courses cover a wide range of topics around education, self management and building resilience. Each course runs over a number of weeks.
The current courses that the STEP team are running are:
- #STEPforward (for 16-25 year olds) (formerly known as ‘Transitions’)
- Bipolar Self Management
- Recovery Education Programme
- Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Emotional Sensitivity
- Understanding Insomnia and Improving Sleep
- Carers Wellbeing Course
Referrals can be made by Community Mental Health Teams, IAPT Services, GPs and other specialist services. For more information, click here.
*Covid Update 17/02/21: Courses currently continuing but online. Up-to-date info on their website.
- STEP, Floor 4, The Circle, 33 Rockingham Lane, Sheffield, S1 4FW