- Children & young people
- Culturally specific
- Families & carers
- Older people
- Refugee & asylum seekers
The Terminus Initiative in Lowedges is a community organisation that provides a range of services and activities for the local community. It was set up by a partnership of local churches. As such, activities are provided at several locations.
The current activities are listed below. You can contact the organisation or check the website for more information. They also provide volunteering opportunities.
- Knit and natter group (weekly, free)
- Community Lunch (weekly, free)
- Art Group – everything provided (weekly)
- Women’s Conversation Club – for asylum seekers, refugees and migrant women (weekly, free)
- Gym Bus – picks up people of all ages at various locations for a trip to Heeley Gym (weekly, small charge)
- Swim Bus – picks up people of all ages at various locations for a trip to Heeley Swimming Pool (weekly, small charge)
- Carers Groups in Lowedges and Jordanthorpe (monthly, free)
- Health Walks – short and long route options are available (weekly, free)
- Lowedges Food Growing Project (bi-weekly, free) (March – October)
If you would like to find more about the activities that are being offered, call 0759 901 0452 or check out their facebook page.