The Children’s Society
- Abuse & trauma
- Children & young people
- Families & carers
- Pregnancy & parenting
- Refugee & asylum seekers
- Relationship support
The Children’s Society is a national charity in the UK that supports disadvantaged, at risk, and abused children. They also fight for an end to poverty and child exploitation.
They offer lots of different services including providing advice, information and family support, as well as directly lobbying local and national decision-makers around poverty, destitution and welfare reform.
The Children’s Society specialises in the following areas of work:
- helping hundreds of thousands of young carers have a proper childhood.
- providing support for young runaways and victims of sexual exploitation.
- supporting and speaking out for unaccompanied asylum-seekers and victims of trafficking.
- supporting families to support teenagers at risk of harm.
- providing help to tackle parental and teenage substance misuse.
- providing therapy and counselling for teenagers and young adults struggling with mental and emotional health issues.
Please note that The Children’s Society do not currently have a centre in Sheffield but this doesn’t mean that they cannot support you.