Victim Support are an independent charity that give emotional and practical help to anyone affected by crime, not only those who experience it directly, but also their friends, family and anyone else involved. It doesn’t matter when the crime took place – support is available at any time for however long is necessary.
Free and confidential support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through their free support line, 08 08 16 89 111, web chat function and their online support service. You can also call the South Yorkshire team directly on 0300 303 1976
Please note, you don’t have to report the crime to the police before receiving support.
The support services available are tailored to the needs of each person. These include:
- information and advice
- immediate emotional and practical help
- longer term emotional and practical help
- personal safety services
- help in navigating the criminal justice system
- support in attending court
- advice regarding criminal injuries compensation