Vida Sheffield is an independent charity offering services and training around domestic and sexual abuse. Vida work specifically with women and girls. They were formerly known as Sheffield Domestic Abuse Forum.
Eva Therapy Service
Eva Therapy Service is a specialist trauma therapy service for women and girls who have experienced domestic or/and sexual abuse. The service offers:
- New Beginnings group work programme to prepare for therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy – both 1:1 and in group programmes
- Integrative counselling
- EMDR to process traumatic memories
Call 0114 275 0101 to discuss whether now is the right time for you to access this service.
Group Therapy Programmes
Vida offer a number of group therapy programmes, including:
- New Beginnings – a 4 week course to prepare for therapy
- Life After Trauma: post traumatic stress group – a 12 week programme including 4 individual 1:1 sessions
- Self Esteem & Trauma – a 12 week programme
- Athena – Chronic Pain & Trauma – a 6 week programme
Eva Peer Support Group
Eva Peer Support Group is an informal group for women and girls affected by abuse. The group is a safe place where you can spend time with others who have shared similar experiences, join in with crafts activities, get some advice from a support worker, or just have a cup of tea and a chat.
The group meets 10am – 12.30pm fortnightly in term time.
For more information, call 0114 275 0101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
VIDA also deliver specialist training on the mental health impacts of abuse and developing ‘trauma informed’ responses, both in Sheffield and nationally – see their website for details.
Referrals can be made by other agencies or you can self-refer. Referrals are assessed on a case by case basis to ensure you are accessing the appropriate service, and they undertake the same process for assessing the referrals of trans women.
Covid update 08/02/21: Most services continue under covid-safe conditions but may be experiencing changes to how or when they deliver their service. Contact Vida directly for the latest information.