- Autism, ADHD & learning disabilities
- Physical health & disability
- Refugee & asylum seekers
The Volunteer Centre Sheffield is part of Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS), a charity that supports the voluntary and community sector in Sheffield. If you’re interested in volunteering, or have volunteers yourself, the Volunteer Centre Sheffield can offer you advice, information and a wide range of volunteering opportunities in Sheffield to suit your requirements. At their weekly drop-in sessions (Monday – Wednesday, 10am-4pm) you can meet an advisor who will match you with the right kind of roles for you to explore and follow up. You can also use their website to search for local volunteering opportunities.
The service also runs:
- New Beginnings – a programme for refugees and asylum seekers to access support and information around education, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Building Better Opportunities (BBO) – an employment service for people with physical and mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs.
The centre also provides support to volunteer-involving organisations, including:
- Advertising of volunteering opportunities: through the drop-in, the Bulletin and the do-it website
- Good practice support to organisations e.g. volunteer recruitment & developing role descriptions
- Involving refugee and asylum seeking volunteers
- Quarterly Volunteer Co-ordinators Forum – dates can be found on the website