Bipolar UK (Sheffield branch and National)
- Families & carers
- Specific mental health condition
Bipolar UK is a national charity dedicated to supporting people affected by bipolar. This includes those with a bipolar diagnosis, those pre-diagnosis, and supporting their family and friends. Each year they support over 80,000 individuals through a range of services.
Bipolar UK provides:
- Leaflets and information which can be found on their website
- Peer support groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. These groups are facilitated by trained volunteers and do not require a referral or booking to attend. Click here to find your local support group.
- A moderated eCommunity with over 2,500 registered users. More details here.
- Employment support – a service that supports individuals who are affected by Bipolar in the work place.
- Crisis support – specific crisis information and urgent help
- Peer Support Line. Bipolar UK don’t take live calls but you can leave a message on 0333 323 3880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call back.
In Sheffield there is a local peer support group:
Meets 3rd Thursday of every month (the group doesn’t meet in August).
Time: 7.15pm – 9.00pm
Location: Quaker Meeting House, St. James Street, Sheffield, S1 2EW
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic this support group is currently meeting online. For more information and if you’d like to join please contact, email@example.com or call 07591375544
Bipolar UK are also running two online national support groups in October:
- Carers online support group – 12.30pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020
- Young People Ages 18-25 – 3.00pm on 13th October 2020
To register for a group listed above please complete the form here
Additional specialist groups are planned to support BAME, LGBTQ+ communities and Veterans with bipolar. If any of these areas are of interest to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James Street, Sheffield, S1 2EW