- Opening times:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 9am-5pm
- In person
- Adults (over 18)
Likewise is the alcohol and drug service for adults (18+) across Sheffield. They support people choose not to use alcohol and drugs and reduce risk taking behaviour through prevention, intervention, and support.
Their teams work together with individuals to develop a recovery plan that suits them. Everyone is provided with a dedicated worker to support them through their recovery journey.
Likewise is a partnership of experienced local providers offering a complete choice of services to provide help to anyone no matter how simple or complex their needs. Services include:
- One-to-one support
- Structured group therapy to work on a range of topics
- Support for family members – involving them directly in recovery where appropriate
- Health and wellbeing checks, health screenings, blood testing and vaccinations
- Help to achieve a balanced approach to life through therapeutic intervention
- Support to reduce harm and prevent overdose
- Detox from alcohol and/or drugs
- Substitute medication is available for some drugs that you may use
They can also provide early intervention and prevention, needle exchange, and ongoing recovery support.
Likewise work with people around both opiates/opiods (e.g. drugs like heroin, morphine, opium, methadone, buprenorphine, including prescription drugs like codeine and tramadol) and non-opiate drugs (e.g. cannabis, cocaine and crack cocaine, ecstasy/MDMA, ketamine, amphetamines, steroids and novel psychoactive substances such as Spice).
How to access their alcohol and drug service
If you’re under 18 support is available from The Corner.
Likewise is a partnership between Humankind and Project 6. It replaces the NHS Sheffield Treatment And Recovery Team (START).